India is hailed as the “pharmacy of the world” due to its booming pharmaceutical industry in India. India also has a world-class medical facility that has proven itself during the Covid-19 period. India managed 1.4 billion people during covid; Moreover, India has developed its own indigenous vaccine and exported it to South Asia and African countries.
Many citizens of African and South Asian countries travel to India for treatment. And to make it easier for them to get an Indian visa, India offers an Indian medical visa. Today we will discuss Indian Medical Visa, its requirements and process.
Indian Medical Visa Features:
- Indian medical visa holders can stay up to 60 days in India.
- You can enter three times during the 60-day validity period. However, you can apply for an eVisa if more than three visits are required.
- You can apply for a medical visa three times a year.
- You can enter India through 28 airports and five seaports.
- Only patients are allowed to obtain medical visas. Friends and family of the patient cannot enter India on a medical visa. But they can apply for a medical assistant visa.
What you need to know before applying for an Indian medical visa:
- The Indian Medical Visa is reserved for patients seeking medical treatment in India.
- You must have a letter from the Indian hospital from which you wish to seek treatment. If you do not have letters, your application may be rejected.
- Visitors with an eVisa must carry two blank pages during the visit for the immigration officer to stamp the paper at the point of entry.
- You must have sufficient funds for treatment and accommodation. Agents may ask for proof that you have sufficient funds.
- You should apply for the visa 4-6 days before your travel date.
- Your passport must be an ordinary passport, not a diplomatic or official passport.
- Do not stay longer than 60 days on a medical visa. If it is necessary to stay longer than 60 days, you must first return to your country and then reapply for the visa. As I mentioned before, you can apply for a medical visa three times a year.
- Have your passport with your visa when traveling to India.
Indian Medical Visa Requirements:
- A scanned copy of your passport with a minimum of 6 months validity. If you do not have six months validity, you must first renew your passport.
- Copy of letter from an Indian hospital.
- A recent color photo of the applicant.
- A working email. You will receive information about your visa in your email.
- A debit/credit card to pay visa fees.
- You may be asked questions about your illness and the hospital you are going to visit.
Process to get a regular Indian Medical Visa:
- To apply for a medical visa, first visit the official website of the Indian Visa Service.
- On the home page, you will see “For Regular/Paper Visa by Indian Mission/Post apply hereclick on this option.
- Scroll down and click “Ordinary/paper visa application. »
- Now fill out the form and make the payment online.
- Now print a copy of your application and go to the Indian Embassy/Mission with the required documents.
- If your visa application is successful, you can collect it from the Indian Embassy/Mission or by post. You will have to pay the delivery costs.
Company Name: INDIAN VISA
Contact person: Juna Thompson Mahesh
E-mail: Send an email
Call: +61 (08) 9364 3000
Address:4/90 King William Street
State: SA 5000
Country: South Africa