Tommy Fury STILL didn’t go to the US Embassy to sort out visa issues, promoter Frank Warren reveals… after YouTuber Jake Paul threatened to sue the former Love Island star for a match resentment canceled
- Promoter Frank Warren says Tommy Fury has yet to visit the US Embassy
- Fury must deal with visa issues after being denied entry to the United States
- He was scheduled to fight Jake Paul at Madison Square Garden on August 6
- Paul threatened to sue Fury after his father revealed he was barely training
Frank Warren has revealed that Tommy Fury has yet to visit the US Embassy after the Love Island star was denied entry to the US to fight Jake Paul.
Fury and Paul have been in a war of words for months and were finally due to settle their differences at Madison Square Garden on August 6, but the former had to pull out due to a visa issue which saw him turned away from the airport.
Fury seemed determined to keep making the fight happen, tweeting that he was “confident that this fight will happen when this issue is resolved” and that “being denied entry to a country is obviously a very serious and must then be resolved”.
But Fury’s promoter Warren added fuel to the fire by suggesting to iFL TV that his client has yet to visit the embassy to sort out the issues.
Tommy Fury was set to face YouTuber Jake Paul at Madison Square Garden in a grudge match
Jake Paul became frustrated after Fury pulled out of their fight for the second time
The two have been at a war of words since last year but have yet to meet in the ring
“He hasn’t been to the embassy, he hasn’t had an appointment yet,” Warren said.
“Once that’s done, hopefully we can resuscitate the situation with Jake.”
“In the meantime, Jake fought for the sixth, which I think is a tough fight for him.
Paul grew frustrated with Fury after pulling out of their fight for the second time, saying the 23-year-old needed the fight.
He even threatened to sue Fury after his father, John Fury, mentioned he “wasn’t exactly in training”.
Paul tweeted, “I should sue this fool. My own father explains why he pulled out a second time.
Promoter Frank Warren has revealed Fury has yet to visit the US Embassy to sort out his visa issue
Paul will now face fellow American boxer Hasim Rahman, who will replace Fury, on August 6.
He will now face former sparring partner Hasim Rahman Jr instead.
The YouTuber also offered Fury $500,000 to fight him in the UK after saying he would fight in a neutral country “anytime, anywhere, anywhere” in which both parties were allowed.
Fury responded to the offer by saying, “I wouldn’t get out of bed to fight you for $500,000.” Let me know when you’re ready to have a serious conversation.
When asked if the offer to fight Paul in the UK for $500,000 was unrealistic, Frank Warren replied, “You said it.”