To be eligible for a maintenance waiver, children 13 years of age or younger must:
- Be born in the Dominican Republic and hold a Dominican passport
- Have at least one parent holding a B1/B2 visa valid for 10 years or renewing their visa at the same time as the child
- Submit an original, complete, legalized birth certificate (acta de nacimiento inextensa) and a copy of the parents’ valid visa(s)
- Have completely and accurately completed all sections of the DS-160 online application
- Please note that if either parent is a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) or a US citizen, the child is not eligible for a maintenance waiver and will need to make a regular appointment.
- The child is not eligible for the maintenance waiver if the most recent visa application was refused and not subsequently overcome by the issuance of a full validity visa
NOTE: Children age 13 or younger do not need to attend the VAC appointment, but parents must bring a 2X2″ (50mm by 50mm) photograph taken against a white background to the VAC appointment Please see photography requirements here: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/do-niv-photoinfo.asp
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, @EmbajadaUSAenRD for updates and additional information on consular matters.